My photographic style would be best described as natural documentary coupled with cinematic portraiture. I like my pictures to have a story attached and music and film are the biggest influences on my work.
From the start around 10 years ago I took an alternative path to photographing weddings. A two fingers up approach to 'conventional' dull wedding photography. Wedding photography could and should be awesome and inspiring! Weddings for me are all about the people - I love to photograph people! I love to capture personality, character and fun! I like bold colour, atmospheric images and big landscapes. My work often has a cheeky bit of humour and I like to work in the Ninja style (silent and stealthy) to capture people naturally. My aim is to create images with soul and to tell stories through a creative set of pictures.
Manchester UK is home but I shoot weddings throughout the UK and worldwide. I would love to hear more about you guys, your story and what makes you tick, so for an informal chat about your ideas get in touch!
Thanks for your interest and hope to speak soon!
*Please scroll down for more info and prices.
All day coverage - £1950
I like to keep things really simple so offer one package to document the story of your day thoroughly!
I don't work to set hours, I'm there for you guys for the whole day with flexible start / finish times.
Typically I will be with you from the getting ready, through the ceremony all the way to the dance floor shenanigans and then some!
- Unlimited amount of images taken - Coverage doesn’t just finish at the first dance as I like to capture the atmosphere of the party! Shooting only finishes when I’m confident we have a set of images that capture the full spirit and emotion of the day.
- 500+ images individually edited - This is a really important part of my work so every single image is carefully edited in my signature style. I'm passionately obsessive about my work so after your wedding I spend around 3-4 days solid in my editing cave to make sure everyone and everything looks fantastic. A labour of love yes, but my work is with you for life so I need to be proud of it. Clients receive a min of 500 edited images but this typically averages around 750-1000 per wedding.
- 500+ images of your day uploaded to an online gallery - Log in and share the day with family and friends worldwide.
- 500+ print resolution images on USB (300dpi) - All images from the day supplied on USB at high resolution to enable you to print high quality images up to large format.
- 500+ web resolution images on USB (72dpi) - All images from the day supplied on USB at web resolution which are ideal for social media.
- Fine Art Prints - A beautiful set of 10 keepsake prints printed onto archival fine art papers.
- Keepsake Box - A beautiful handmade wooden keepsake box to store and protect both your prints and digital images.
- Travel within the UK is included.
*We also supply lovely contemporary fine art albums made in the UK by Folio Albums. These are priced separately upon request.
I love to travel and shoot overseas so please get in touch and we can quote a bespoke price for you.
How does it work on the day?
Again I like to keep things really simple here with the main focus being on you guys relaxing and enjoying your day with no worries! All you need to do is leave me to roam free and do my thing! No stresses, no dramas - easy! Your day and all the special people within it will be thoroughly documented and preserved forever using my natural, creative documentary approach. All the little moments of love, happiness, tears, laughter and fun will tell your story through a creative set of pictures that you will love for a lifetime. Yep it really is that simple!
People often ask if I do any group shots? Absolutely! People come from all over the world to be with you on your day so documenting that unique bunch of people is really important to me as its likely that they will never be together again! After this we can then do whatever smaller groups you would like. These are done very quickly and informally (no cheese) so it doesn't interrupt the flow of the day and people can get back to the party :O)
The other side to my work is atmospheric couple portraits that you will see here in the galleries. This is something I LOVE to do and is where I get to let my creativity run wild. These images usually have a cinematic feel to them, sometimes using epic landscapes or urban environments to create atmospheric moments of the two of you alone and in love on your wedding day.
Andy we gotta tell you we HATE having our picture taken!?
Haha we all say this! DO NOT WORRY!
Its all down to the approach, so just leave it all to me you're in safe hands. By the end of the day you will have a new found confidence in photography and a changed view to having your picture taken.
At weddings I buzz off the fact that people say they never even noticed me taking pictures. Perfect! The best bit for me is showing there is an alternative approach to being photographed, one that is actually fun and banishes camera phobia for good!
For the portraits of the two of you alone I like to create shots that look like stills from a movie. My guilty pleasure is blowing peoples minds a little and making everyone look effortlessly cool! The images on my site are all of REAL people on their wedding days. These are people who used to hate having their pictures taken too - no models or staged shoots here! The formula is simple - we go walkabout for a few minutes to allow you time alone, to breathe in the atmosphere and enjoy the moment of being newly married. We have a laugh and whilst giving you some light direction I get some shots you'll be proud of looking cool as a cool thing in your finest attire! Happy days :O)